When I met my husband, I had never heard of sweet potato pie, and to be honest I didn’t think I would like it at all. My husband prefers that over pumpkin so I figured I better learn to make a good one and I have NAILED it! My whole family fights over who gets to eat more of the pie! I even started making multiple each time and they each ‘claim’ their pie!
I will have you know that before I make anything I check to make sure its easy, so every recipe I share I promise it’s easy!
- 1lb of sweet potato
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pie crust
- MOST IMPORTANT bake your sweet potatoes at 425 for about 50 minutes (until soft)
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients mix with a mixer until mixed well and smooth. Pour into pie crust. (I do store bought because once again, I like easy)
- Bake 350 for 55-60 minutes.
- Enjoy with ice cream or whipped cream. You can eat it warm or cold 🙂